Snake Root ( Asrol )
Indian Snake Root
₨ 360 – ₨ 2,870
There are numerous types of Snakeroot/Asrol (اسرول) throughout the world, with varying properties, but most of the fundamental benefits are the same. Indian snakeroot has been used in traditional medicine for the better part of two millennia, and has been historically linked to ancient Rome, Persia, China, and India. Although it is native to the Asian continent, its powerful effects have made it popular in the west, but with other varieties more accessible in the Americas, Indian snakeroot is most commonly found in the East. scientifically it is known as Rauwolfia Serpentina.
Ingredient Name :
Rauwolfia serpentina (Linn.) Benth.
Bengali Name : Nakuli, Gandhrasna, Chandra
Chinese Name : She gen mu, Yin du, Luo fu mu
English Name : Rauwolfia, Indian Snake Root, Serpentine Wood, Snakewood, Devilpepper
French Name : Bois-lait, Arbre aux serpents
German Name : Rauwolfiawurzel, Indische Schlangenwurzel
Gujarati Name : Amelpodee, Nolbel
Hindi Name : Chota Chand, Nakuli, Pagal Buti
Kannada Name : Sutranabhi
Latin name : Rauwolfia serpentina (Linn.) Benth.
Marathi Name : Chandra
Sanskrit Name : Sarpagandha
Urdu Name : Asraul
500 mg to 2 g powder of dried roots.
This herb is not recommended during pregnancy or lactation, in patients with low blood pressure, those with a history of mental depression, and active peptic ulcer and ulcerative colitis.
The part of Indian snakeroot that is used, as the name implies, is the root, which can be chewed, dried, powdered, and consumed in that way. Chewing is the most traditional form of consumption and is still widely practiced. Some of the important health benefits of Indian snakeroot are,
- Chewing on Indian snakeroot can effectively lowered blood pressure by dilating the blood vessels and relieving strain on the heart. This can help to prevent conditions like atherosclerosis, heart attacks, strokes and high blood pressure.
- Reduce stress and anxiety, nervousness, hypertension and mental disorders such as schizophrenia.
- Indian snakeroot is very good at relaxing the body and inducing calm, uninterrupted sleep. For people suffering from insomnia, restlessness, or general fatigue, Indian snakeroot can provide deep, invigorating sleep and a clear head in the morning.
- Indian snakeroot has been used as an effective remedy for gastrointestinal distress, for both diarrhea and constipation. It cleans out stomach and promotes normal functioning.
- I has anti-Inflammatory properties and use against insect bites, snake venom, and any other type of inflamed wound or body part.
- It is an effective remedy for people suffering from arthritis.
- For women who regularly suffer through difficult periods, Indian snakeroot can be a great solution. It induces menstruation, it also has mood-modulating effects that can eliminate the depression, cramps, bloating, and mood swings that can commonly occur in conjunction with menstruation.
- Treats fever and liver problems.
Warnings and Precautions:
It can be toxic when consumed in large quantities. Side effects of excessive use, can range from mild to serious and include nasal congestion, stomach cramps, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, drowsiness, convulsions, Parkinson’s-like symptoms, and coma. Indian snakeroot can slow reaction times and should not be used when driving or operating heavy machinery.
It’s UNSAFE to use Indian snakeroot during pregnancy. The chemicals in Indian snakeroot might cause birth defects. It is also UNSAFE to use this Indian snakeroot during breast-feeding. The chemicals it contains can pass into breast milk and might harm a nursing infant.
Indian snakeroot might make gallbladder disease worse.
People suffering from stomach ulcers, intestinal ulcers, or ulcerative colitis should avoid the use of Indian snakeroot.
Useful in Following diseases:
- Nervous Debility
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Select Quantity:
100 gram, 250 gram, 50 Gram, 500 gram
- Select Form:
Grounded (کٹا ہوا), Powder (پیساھوا ), Whole (ثآبت )
- 5 Stars
- 4 Stars
- 3 Stars
- 2 Stars
- 1 Stars