Indian Mallow/Beejband Surkh (بیجبند سرخ) also known as Abutilon Indicum is a herbaceous plant. The stem is tinged with purple color. The leaves are toothed. It bears solitary flowers which are yellow and blooms in the evening. The seeds are dark brown and black. This plant has been traditionally used for medicinal purposes.
The whole plant including the root, bark, flowers and seeds are used as natural cure for various symptoms. Indian mallow is used for treating digestive problems like IBS. It also have tremendous health benefits for women’s health and is used as a uterine tonic.
- Its antibacterial properties helps to treat all kinds of wounds.
- The seeds are used to help alleviate the symptoms of diarrhea and to rid the body of thread worms. It also cures irritant that cause diarrhea.
- It has also been used traditionally as a home remedy to treats cold and fever.
- The roots and bark of the plant are diuretic and help in the discharge of urine. It is therefore used in urinary tract infections.
- The juice of the leaves helps to relieve toothache.
- The seeds are a laxative and very effective home remedy for curing piles.
- A decoction made from the leaves is useful to cure gout, tuberculosis, ulcers and bleeding disorders.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.