We know rose water’s great for skin and hair but why it’s good and how exactly must you use it, is key! Here are10 amazing skincare and hair care uses of rose water you’ll thank us for.
Ingredient Name :
Rosa damascena Mill.
Arabic Name : Ward, Jul, Duhn al-ward
Bengali Name : Golap
Chinese Name : You ji hua
English Name : Rose
French Name : Rosier
German Name : Damaszener Rose, Portlandrose, Monatsrose
Gujarati Name : Moshamee Gulab
Hindi Name : Gulab
Kannada Name : Rojahu
Kashmiri Name : Golab Posh
Latin name : Rosa damascena Mill.
Marathi Name : Gulab
Persian Name : Gul, Gule Surkh
Punjabi Name : Gulab
Sanskrit Name : Satapatrika
Urdu Name : Gulab
20 to 40 ml.
Rose has no known warnings or contraindications.
1. Rosewater helps maintain the skin’s pH balance, and also controls excess oil.
2. “Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness of irritated skin, get rid of acne, dermatitis and eczema. It is a great cleanser and aids in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores”, says Dr. Deepali Bhardwaj, Skincare Expert.
3. Rose water helps hydrate, revitalise and moisturise the skin giving it with that refreshed look.
4. Due to its antibacterial properties, rose water also aids in healing scars, cuts and wounds.
5. The antioxidant properties of rose water help to strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues.
6. Due to the astringent like properties it possesses, rose water helps clean pores and tone the skin. Applying rose water after steaming tightens capillaries, reduces redness and blotchiness.
7. The aroma of roses is said to be a powerful mood enhancer. It rids you of feelings of anxiety and promotes emotional well-being, thereby making you feel more relaxed.
8. The nourishing and moisturising properties of rose water enhance the quality of hair. It is known to treat mild scalp inflammations and get rid of dandruff. Rosewater works wonders as a natural conditioner and revitaliseshair growth.
9. The scent of rose water on your pillow also helps you sleep better after a long day, making you wake up refreshed.
10. It also helps aging skin, keeping fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
Useful in Following diseases:
- Cerebral Atony
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Excessive Thirst
- General Debility
- Heat Exhaustion
- Liver Dysfunction
- Sore Throat
- Weakness of Digestive System
- Weakness of Eyesight
- Weakness of Heart