Dried Ginger ( Sonth, Saunth )
₨ 100 – ₨ 860
Ginger is among the healthiest (and most delicious) spices on the planet. It is loaded with nutrients and bioactive compounds that have powerful benefits for your body and brain.
These herbs are used as prophylactic of nausea and vomiting associated with motion, sickness, sea sickness and pregnancy. These are regarded as beneficial herbs for their gastrointestinal benefits and as an anti inflamatory and carminative.
Dry Ginger powder is also known as (سونٹھ/Saunth) in Urdu and scientifically known as Zingiber Officinalis. This comes from fresh ginger that is dried before being used. It is a fine off-white powder that has a strong aroma and pungent flavour. This is mostly easy to store and has a long shelf life of a year.
Botanical Name— Zingiber Officinalis
English-Dry GingerHindi-Sonth,Calamus, Sweet Ginger, Ginger Root
Dogri Name : Adrakh, Sonth
Bengali Name :Ada
Assamese Name :Ada
Arabic Name :Zanjabeel, Zanjabil
Chinese Name :Jeung, Sang keong, Chiang, Keong, Gan jinang
French Name :Gingembre
Dutch Name : Gember, Djahe
German Name :Ingwer
Gujarati Name :Adu, Sunth
Hindi Name :Adrak, Adrakh (fresh); Sonth, Saunth (dried)
Italian Name :Zenzero
Kashmiri Name : Shounth, Adrak
Latin Name :Gingiber, Zingiber, Zinziber, Zynziber
Malayalam Name :Inchi, Enchi; Chuku (dry)
Marathi Name :Alha, Aale (fresh), Sunth, Shuntya (dried)
Oriya Name :Ada
Punjabi Name :Adrak, Sund
Sanskrit Name : Adraka (fresh), Shunthi (dried), Shringaveran, Sringaaran, Nagara
Russian Name :Imbir
Spanish Name :Jengibre
Tamil Name :Ingee, Inji; Sonti (dried)
Telugu Name :Allam, Allamu, Allamu chettu, Shonti
Thai Name :Khing, Khing-daen
Medicinal Uses :
Dried ginger root is powdered and made into capsules and sold in pharmacies in the West.
In India, ginger paste, when applied to the temples, relieves headaches.
Burmese boil the mixture of a local sweetener made from palm tree juice and ginger and consume it to prevent flu.
In China, a drink is made by cooking sliced ginger in water with brown sugar or cola to treat common cold.
- Ginger contains gingerol, a substance with powerful medicinal properties.
- Ginger can treat many forms of nausea, especially morning sickness.
- Ginger may reduce muscle pain and soreness.
- The anti-inflammatory effects can help with osteoarthritis.
- Ginger may drastically lower blood sugars and improve heart disease risk factors.
- Ginger can help treat chronic indigestion.
- Ginger powder may significantly reduce menstrual pain.
- Ginger may lower cholesterol levels.
- Ginger contains a substance that may help prevent cancer.
- Ginger may improve brain function and protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
- The active ingredient in ginger can help fight infections.
Useful in Following diseases:
- Amnesia (Impairment of Memory)
- Burning Sensation in the Chest
- Common Cold
- Depressed Libido
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Irregular Menses
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Lack of Appetite
- Premature Ejaculation
- Seminal Debility
- Sexual Debility
- Travel Sickness
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
100 gram, 250 gram, 50 Gram, 500 gram
Grounded (کٹا ہوا), Powder (پیساھوا ), Whole (ثآبت )
- 5 Stars
- 4 Stars
- 3 Stars
- 2 Stars
- 1 Stars