Kalonji’s therapeutic use was initiated after the advent of Islam, since, Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) mentioned its therapeutic efficacy and potential of cure. Hazrat Abu Hurairah states – ‘I have heard from Rasool Allah (Pbuh) that there is cure for every disease in black seeds except death and black seeds are shooneez.’ Salim Bin Abdullah narrates with reference to his father Hazrat Abdullah Bin Omar that Rasool Allah (Pbuh) said, ‘Let fall these black seeds upon you, these contain cure for all diseases except death.’ The same narration is found in Sanad-e-Ahmed from Hazrat Aisha (t) and in Ibn-al-Jozi and Trimizi from Abu Huraira. Hazrat Buraidah narrates that Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) stated – ‘Shooneez is cure for all ailments except death.’ It is stated in the books of seerat that Nabi-e-Akram (Pbuh) himself used to take these seeds for therapeutic purpose but with the syrup of Honey.
Seeds are considered stimulant, carminative, antiinflammatory, diuretic, diaphoretic, antibilious, emmenagogue and galactagogue. Used in allergies, colds and fevers. It is also useful in a wide variety of other diseases and conditions including bilious ailments, cancer, colic, corns, eruptions, headaches, jaundice, orchitis, puerperal fever, sclerosis, stomachache, swellings, tumors of the abdomen and eyes, and warts.
For upper respiratory conditions, at least a few of its constituents have shown an antihistamine-like action, which explains is positive effects for upper respiratory diseases including asthma, bronchitis, cough and flu. The seeds promote menstrual periods.
It also has a positive effect on liver diseases. One of its most obvious uses is for diarrhoea and dysentery, combined with astringents. The seeds also are a rich source of sterols, especially beta-sitosterol, which is known to have anticarcinogenic activity. This substantiates its use for indurations and/or tumors of the abdomen, eyes and liver.
Unani medicine affirms its abortifacient properties and also use it as a diuretic to relieve ascites, for coughs, eyesores, jaundice, paralysis, piles and tertian fever.
Each 10 gms. contains:
Nigella sativa (Kalonji) 5 gms.
Mel (Shahed) 5 gms.
Lethargy, pregnancy, amenorrhoea, biliousness, amnesia, arthritis, asthma, bronchitis, cough, cardiovascular disorders, common cold, lack of appetite, indigestion, diarrhoea, piles, fevers, flu, headache, hypertension, jaundice, kidney and bladder stone, liver dysfunction, hair loss, migraine, palpitation, premature graying of hair, rheumatism, stomachache, suppressed post-partum lactation, convalescence and general debility.
SIDE EFFECTS :
1 teaspoon thrice a day after meals or as directed by physician
In packs of 250 g.
USED FOR DISEASES:
- Amenorrhoea Diseases حبث الطمث حیض کا نہ آنا
- Amnesia (Impairment of Memory) بھولنے کی بیماری
- Arthritis گٹھیا ,جوڑوں کی سوزش
- Asthma دمہ , سانس لینے میں دشواری
- Biliousness متلی
- Bloating اپھارہ
- Bronchitis پھیپھڑے کی سوجن, کھانسی
- Cardiovascular Disorders قلبی عوارض, عارضہ قلب
- Common Cold سردی ٹھنڈ
- Convalescence بیماری سے افاقہ
- Cough Disease کھانسی
- Diarrhoea اسہال , دست
- Fevers Bukhar بخار ,تپ
- General Debility Kamzori, Naqqahat کمزوری
- Hair Loss Baal girna بال گرنا
- Headache Sir dard سر درد
- Hyperacidity Teyzabiyet Badhazmi تیزابیت ، بدہضمی
- Hypertension High Blood Pressure بلند فشار خون
- Indigestion Bad Hazmi بدہضمی,
- Jaundice Yarkan یرقان
- Kidney Stone Gurdon ki Pathri گردے میں پتھری
- Lassitude (Lethargy) Ghanoodgi Thakan غنودگی , تھکن
- Liver Dysfunction Jigar ki Karabi جگر کی خرابی
- Migraine Aadhay Sar Ka Dard درد شقیقہ
- Palpitation Dharkan Ikhtilaj e Qalb اختلاج قلب, دھڑکن
- Piles Hemorrhoids Bawaseer بواسیر
- Premature Graying of Hair Balon Ki Sofaidi بالوں میں سفیدی
- Rheumatism Joron ka Dard جوڑوں کا درد , گٹھیا
- Stomachache Pait ka Dard پیٹ کا درد
- Suppressed Postpartum Lactation Doodh ki Kami
- Weakness of Eyesight Nazr ki Kamzori نظر کی کمزوری
- 5 Stars
- 4 Stars
- 3 Stars
- 2 Stars
- 1 Stars