Poppy Seed Oil Roghan Khashkhash
Poppy seeds can offer you amazing benefits. It is also called khus khus‘ in Hindi, ‘gasagasalu‘ in Telugu, ‘kasa kasa‘ in Tamil, ‘kas kas‘ in Malayalam’, ‘gasegase‘ in Kannada, ‘posto‘ in Bengali, and ‘khush khush‘ in Punjabi, poppy seeds are oilseeds obtained from poppy (which is a flowering plant).
Poppy seeds have a wide range of benefits – they act as a cure for sleeplessness and mouth ulcers and enhance digestion. The seeds even improve female fertility to a large extent and can also aid in cancer prevention.
- Improve Female Health: Studies have shown that flushing the fallopian tubes with poppy seed oil can boost fertility. Poppy seeds can also enhance health. They contain lignans, compounds known to boost Harmon’s.
- Enhance Digestion: Poppy seeds are sources of insoluble fiber, which can aid digestion. It also increases the bulk of the stool and helps treat constipation
- Cure Sleeplessness: You can also take poppy seed tea before you go to bed to enjoy better sleep.
- Cure Mouth Ulcers: Simply mix some crushed dry coconut, powdered sugar candy, and ground poppy seeds. Shape it into a pellet and suck on this for instant relief from mouth ulcers.
- Boost Energy:
- Improve Brain Health: The brain requires essential nutrients like calcium, iron, and copper – minerals that poppy seeds are rich in.
- Strengthen Bones: Poppy seeds are rich in calcium and copper. While the former improves bone health, the latter strengthens the bones as well as the connective tissue.
- Regulate Blood Pressure: The oleic acid in poppy seeds helps lower blood pressure levels.
- Boost The Immune System: The zinc in poppy seeds can contribute to a strengthened immune system.
- Improve Heart Health: Poppy seeds are loaded with dietary fiber, which helps lower cholesterol levels and ultimately improves heart health.
- Aid In Diabetes Treatment: The manganese in the seeds might also aid in diabetes treatment.
- Promote Vision Health: The antioxidants in poppy seeds can also benefit the eyes
- Prevent Cancer: Report published in TIME Magazine, the genes of opium poppies had shown promise in the development of a cancer drug. The drug was found to fight tumors and even shrink the breast and prostate cancer cells. It can also stop cancer cell proliferation.
- Help Treat Kidney Stones: Poppy seeds contain potassium, one mineral known to offer protection against and even treat kidney stones.
- Enhance Thyroid Function: Zinc is one of the minerals the thyroid gland needs for optimal functioning.
- Have Analgesic Effects: Since ancient times, the seeds have been used as an analgesic or to relieve pain.
- Help Treat Eczema And Inflammation: Poppy seeds are effective in treating eczema due to their high content of linolenic acid.
- Moisturize Skin: A paste made from poppy seeds acts as a good moisturizer,
- Help Achieve Clear Skin: A poppy seed scrub can help cleanse your skin, making it look clear and blemish-free.
- Help Treat Dandruff: For treating dandruff, you can apply a mixture of soaked poppy seeds, hung curd, and a teaspoon of white pepper on the scalp.
- Stimulate Hair Growth: You can prepare a hair pack by blending soaked poppy seeds with freshly extracted coconut milk and pulped onion.
- 5 Stars
- 4 Stars
- 3 Stars
- 2 Stars
- 1 Stars