Star Fruit ( Kamrakh )
₨ 140 – ₨ 1,250
Star fruit/Kamrakh (کمرکھ), also known as Carambola and Averrhoa Carambola, is a star shaped tropical fruit with sweet and sour flavor. Carambola is native to Malayan peninsula and cultivated in many parts of Southeast Asia, Pacific islands and China for its fruits. Star fruit is one of very low calorie exotic fruits. 100 g fruit just provides 31 calories, which is much lower than for any other popular tropical fruits. Nonetheless, it has an impressive list of essential nutrients, antioxidants, and vitamins required for well-being.
Health benefits of Star fruit:
- Prevent against cancer.
- Boosts immunity.
- It helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
- It is diuretic in nature.
- It’s used as a home remedy for hangovers and sunburns.
- It works well on coughs, fever, ulcers and sore throats.
- It also effectively combats diabetes.
- It improves digestion.
- Fruit is given to lactating mothers as it is commonly believed to stimulate the flow of milk.
- A decoction of its leaves and roots (prepared separately or in combination) can help cure headaches, ringworm, and chickenpox.
- It cure nausea and indigestion.
- It’s an excellent natural cure for hair loss since it is a good source of antioxidants and vitamin C which can help delay the natural ageing process.
- Washing hair with this juice can remove dandruff and dirt.
- It purifies the blood, making the skin glow, help remove pimples and help maintain a clean, smooth complexion.
- It has powerful antifungal properties.
- An extract from the roots and leaves of Star Fruit plant can help treat chickenpox and headaches.
- It is also considered to be an effective treatment for sore eyes.
Safety and Warnings:
Star fruit consumption can be very dangerous for people with impaired kidneys. This can lead to the development of symptoms like vomiting, insomnia, nausea, convulsions, continuous hiccups and agitation. Because of consumption of star fruit kidney failure may also occur in acute cases. In such cases Star Fruit kills patients often.
Further, Star fruit, like grapefruit, has been found to interact adversely with many drugs. It is therefore, strongly advised to consult healthcare practitioner before eating star fruit or its products if taking any kind of pharmac.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
100 gram, 250 gram, 50 Gram, 500 gram
Grounded (کٹا ہوا), Powder (پیساھوا ), Whole (ثآبت )
- 5 Stars
- 4 Stars
- 3 Stars
- 2 Stars
- 1 Stars