Marsh Mallow ( Khatmi, Khitmi )
₨ 185 – ₨ 1,535
Marshmallow/Khatmi, Khitmi (خطمی), known scientifically as Althaea officinalis, is an African plant with short roundish leaves and small pale flowers. It was originally used medicinally by the Egyptians. Its usage was later adopted by the French. Today, it has a wide variety of medicinal uses.
Ingredient Name :
Althaea officinalis Linn.
Arabic Name : Khitmee
Chinese Name : Ke zhi gen
English Name : Marshmallow, Sweet Weed, Mallards, Mortification Root, Wymotes
French Name : Guimauve
German Name : Eibisch, Heilwurz, Ibischwurz, Sammetpappel
Hindi Name : Khatmi
Kashmiri Name : Saze Posh
Latin name : Althaea officinalis Linn.
Marathi Name : Khatmi
Persian Name : Tukhme Khatmi (Fruits), Raisha Khatmi (Roots)
Sanskrit Name : Gulkairo, Khatmi
Urdu Name : Tukhme Khatmi
Seeds : 3 to 5 g powder; Root : 5 to 7 g powder.
This herb has no known warnings or contraindications but diabetics need to take account of the sugar content.
- Marshmallow is most commonly used to ease sore throats and dry coughs.
- Marshmallow has been used to treat certain digestive disorders, including heartburn, indigestion, ulcerative colitis, stomach ulcers and Crohn’s disease.
- Marshmallow extract is sometimes added to creams and used to treat inflammatory skin conditions, such as eczema and contact dermatitis.
- Marshmallow may be a helpful aid to radiologic esophageal examination.
- There is tentative evidence that marshmallow may also help with respiratory disorders such as asthma.
The use of herbs is a time-honored approach to strengthening the body and treating disease. However, herbs can trigger side effects, and can interact with other herbs, supplements, or medications. For these reasons, you should take herbs with care, under the supervision of a health care provider.
Marshmallow is generally considered safe. It has no reported side effects. It appears to be safe for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding, although you should check with your doctor before taking it.
One study suggests marshmallow may lower blood sugar levels. So people with diabetes should talk to their doctors before taking marshmallow.
Useful in Following diseases:
- Common Cold
- Crohn’s Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Kidney Stone
- Persistent Infection due to Low Immunity
- Seminal Debility
- Sexual Debility
- Sore Throat
- Whooping Cough
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Select Quantity:
100 gram, 250 gram, 50 Gram, 500 gram
- Select Form:
Grounded (کٹا ہوا), Powder (پیساھوا ), Whole (ثآبت )
- 5 Stars
- 4 Stars
- 3 Stars
- 2 Stars
- 1 Stars