Ephedrine ( Dama Booti, Asmani Booti )
Epitonin, Ma Huang
₨ 90 – ₨ 790
Ephedrine/Dama Booti, Asmani Booti (دمہ بوٹی, آسمانی بوٹی) also known as Epitonin, Ma Huang and Ephedra Gerardiana, is a perennial small shrub composed primarily of fibrous stalks, generally about 8 inches though sometimes growing to 24 inches in height, with small, yellow flowers followed by round, red, edible fruits. It is sometimes used as a stimulant, and in Ayurvedic medicine its tea is used as medicine for colds, coughs, bronchitis, asthma, and arthritis.
The herb contains ephedrine which is a phenylethylamine alkaloid, flavonoids, lignans, catechols and polysaccharides. The root of the plant contains spermine alkaloids, procyanidins and tyrosine derivatives.
- Ephedra stimulates the central nervous system and the heart. It has diuretic properties and increases rate of perspiration.
- This herb is used as a peripheral vasoconstrictor, bronchodilator and a central nervous stimulant.
- Its usage is illegal in sports but it enhances concentration and improves the performance of the athletes.
- It is useful in relieving hay fever, asthma and allergies.
- It influences the blood pressure in the body.
- It reduces the feeling of hunger and hence is used in several slimming medications.
- In Chinese medicine, it is used for colds, allergies and kidney weakness.
- In Ayurvedic medicine it is used to relieve edema and asthma.
Overdosage may lead to side effects like restlessness, anxiety, headaches, insomnia, vomiting, nausea and urinary problems. Pregnant women, lactating mothers, persons who take medications for depression and high blood pressure should not use Ephedra.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
100 gram, 250 gram, 50 Gram, 500 gram
Grounded (کٹا ہوا), Powder (پیساھوا ), Whole (ثآبت )
- 5 Stars
- 4 Stars
- 3 Stars
- 2 Stars
- 1 Stars