Carom Seeds ( Ajwain Desi )
Bishop’s Weed, Ajowan Caraway
₨ 94 – ₨ 744
Carom Seeds/Ajwain Desi (اجوائندیسی) is a famous and very common spice in Pakistan. Carom Seeds are closely related to Cumin, Dilli and Caraway. Ajwain is also known as Bishop’s Weed, Ajowan Caraway and Trachyspermum Ammi.
Ingredient Name :
Trachyspermum ammi Sprague.
Arabic Name : Kummun al-malik, Nanakhwah, Ajwayn
Bengali Name : Ajowan, Jowan, Yavani, Yamani
Chinese Name : Yin du zang, Hui xiang
English Name : Bishop�s Weed, Omum, Ajowan, Lovage
French Name : Ajowan, Ammi
German Name : Ajowan, Indischer K�mmel
Gujarati Name : Ajma, Ajmo, Yavan, Javain
Hindi Name : Ajwain, Ajwayan
Kannada Name : Oma, Yom, Omu
Kashmiri Name : Javend
Latin name : Trachyspermum ammi Sprague.
Marathi Name : Onwa, Onba
Persian Name : Nankhwah, Zeniyan
Punjabi Name : Jawain
Sanskrit Name : Yavani, Yavanika
Urdu Name : Ajwain Desi (Seeds), Sat Ajwain (Thymol)
Seeds : 3 to 6 g powder; Thymol : 30 mg to 120 mg
This herb is not recommended during pregnancy or lactation.
It is also one of the potent medicines to kill worms. It is extremely beneficial for Earache, toothache, Influenza, Heart problems, Arthritis, Nasal blockage.
Benefits of Carom Seeds
- Ajwain seeds increase gastrointestinal secretions which enhances the efficiency of digestive functions.
- Ajwain is effective to stomach pain. Having the problems of flatulence, indigestion and gas release, take 1 tsp of ajwain along with water for one week
- Thymol, the essential oil extracted from Carom seeds are used as antibacterial and antifungal.
- Ajwain which contains the highest percentage of Thymol is used as antiseptic and in the treatment of cough and asthma.
- Carom Seeds are effective for respiratory problems such as common cold, cough, bronchitis and nasal congestion.
- If somebody takes excessive beverages, especially alcohol, eating ajwain twice a day reduces craving for alcohol.
- Ajwain oil is good for leg massage. Practising such massage helps to cure rheumatic arthritis.
- Gargling ajwain water is helpful in curing of tooth pain. Ajwain fumes are also used in case of toothache.
- Ajwain seeds are good in removing of kidney stone. It is suggested to take ajwain seeds along with honey or vinegar for 15-20 days.
- Take roasted ajwain seeds; and boil it in a glass of water. Drink the strained mixture. It is beneficial in curing of acidity and indigestion.
- Due to the presence of Thymol, ajwain is used as in curing of colic, muscle spasms, cramps and edema.
- The paste made up of crushed ajwain seeds and curd are used in treating of pimples, acne, blemishes and blackheads.
- Ajwain extraction is used in treating of flatulence.
- Ajwain seeds are effective appetizer and also used as laxative.
- It is beneficial in case of vomiting, mouth diseases and piles.
Useful in Following diseases:
- Abdominal Distention
- Common Cold
- Intestinal Worms
- Kidney Stone
- Sore Throat
- Whooping Cough
The information is for educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
100 gram, 250 gram, 50 Gram, 500 gram
- 5 Stars
- 4 Stars
- 3 Stars
- 2 Stars
- 1 Stars