Black Nightshade ( Makoh Khushk )
₨ 133 – ₨ 1,121
Black nightshade/Makoh Khushk (مکوہ خشک) also known as Solanum Nigrum, is a short-lived perennial herb that is native to Asia. Its fruit is a many-seeded, pea-sized, purple or black berry. It is filled with lots of great minerals such as phosphorus, Iron, Calcium, A, C, and B Vitamins. Its berries are poisonous, but boiling them is believed to destroy the toxic substances and make them safe to be used for preserves, jams, and pies.
Ingredient Name :
Solanum nigrum Linn.
Arabic Name : Inab al-tha’lab, Inab al-dhi”b, Damiyaa
Bengali Name : Gurkamai, Kakmachi
Chinese Name : Huang shui qie, Long kui
English Name : Black Nightshade, Garden Nightshade, Petty Morel, Deadly Nightshade
French Name : Morelle noir
German Name : Schwarzer Nachtschatten, Giftbeere, Hundsbeere, Mondscheinkraut, Saukraut, Sautod
Gujarati Name : Piludi
Hindi Name : Makoi, Makoy, Mako
Kannada Name : Ganikayeagida, Ganikegida, ganike, Ganikesopu, Kage hanninagids
Kashmiri Name : Kambayi
Latin name : Solanum nigrum Linn.
Marathi Name : Kanoni, Ghati
Persian Name : Rubaah Turbuk, Angoor Shifa, Roozbaaragh
Punjabi Name : Mako
Sanskrit Name : Kakmachi, Kakamachika
Urdu Name : Makoh, Mako
5 to 7 g powder of dried whole plant.
This herb is not recommended during pregnancy or lactation.
Uses & Benefits of Black Nightshade:
- The juice of black nightshade is used to treat fever and alleviate pain, helps with asthma, and helping to get rid of phlegm.
- Its fruit is used as a cosmetic; as rubbing its seeds on the cheeks helps remove freckles.
- It has been used for diabetes as well.
- Leaves and fruits are used to alleviate the discomfort caused by liver-related ailments, even in jaundice.
- It cure certain skin problems and tumors.
- It can cure wounds and cancerous sores.
- An infusion of the plant is used as an enema in infants suffering from abdominal upsets.
- Used to treat stomach irritation, cramps, spasms, pain
- It cures hemorrhoids, when applied to the skin.
- Reduces skin inflammation, when applied to the skin.
- Treats burns, when applied to the skin
- Black night Shade reduces heat and cools the body and it also boosts your immune system.
Precautions and Warnings:
Black nightshade is UNSAFE to take by mouth. It contains a toxic chemical called solanin. At lower doses, it can cause nausea, vomiting, headache, and other side effects. At higher doses, it can cause severe poisoning. Signs of poisoning include irregular heartbeat, trouble breathing, dizziness, drowsiness, twitching of the arms and legs, cramps, diarrhea, paralysis, coma, and death.
It’s UNSAFE to take black nightshade in pregnancy. It might cause birth defects.
Useful in Following diseases:
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Liver Dysfunction
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
100 gram, 250 gram, 50 Gram, 500 gram
Grounded (کٹا ہوا), Powder (پیساھوا ), Whole (ثآبت )
- 5 Stars
- 4 Stars
- 3 Stars
- 2 Stars
- 1 Stars