Hibiscus & Tulsi Herbal Ice Cream
This dairy- and egg-free frozen treat is rich, creamy, and exploding with flavor ! Hibiscus & Tulsi Herbal Ice Cream is a unique idea. And it couldn’t be easier to make. The base is simply a strong, sweetened herbal tea or infusion. Strain, chill, churn, and enjoy!
Besides the hibiscus and tulsi (also known as holy basil) recipe, you can experiment with other flavor combinations, like hibiscus and rose or lemon balm. If desired, serve topped with a handful of fresh blueberries or sliced strawberries.
Ingredients for Hibiscus & Tulsi Herbal Ice Cream:
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup whole dried hibiscus flowers
- 1/4 cup dried tulsi/holy basil or 3/4 cup fresh, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Begin by placing a quart-sized storage container in your freezer to pre-chill.
- Combine the water and herbs in a medium cooking pot.
- Bring to a simmer, stir, and cover.
- Remove from heat and steep for 1 hour.
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer, squeezing as much goodness as you can from the herbs. (Any color that transfers to your skin from the hibiscus is temporary and will wash off with soap and water.)
- Compost the solids.
- Stir the honey into the still-warm infusion, whisking gently until fully dissolved.
- Add the lemon juice and transfer the liquid to a quart-sized mason jar.
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled (at least 2 hours or overnight).
- Churn in your ice cream machine.
- Transfer to your pre-chilled container, return to the freezer, and allow to set for 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!
Hope you will enjoy this unique herbal ice cream, when you make it please leave your feed back in comments.