Indian Valerian Root is a safe, non-addictive sedative, stomachic, nervine, hypnotic, hypotensive and relaxant and is prescribed as a remedy for anxiety, mental strain, hysteria, hypochondriasis, nervous unrest, lack of concentration, excitability, and emotional troubles and problems of menopause. Valerian reduces mental over-activity and nervous excitability, helping people who find it hard to ‘switch off’. It is beneficial for almost any stress-related condition, and, in general, has a calming, rather than directly sedative, effect on the mind. Many symptoms of anxiety, including tremors, panic, palpitation and sweating, can be relieved with Valerian. It is a useful remedy for insomnia, whether caused by anxiety or over-excitement. It is also useful in premenstrual tension. It also gives relief in muscle spasms and lowers blood pressure caused by stress and anxiety. Also useful in liver disorders.
Experiments conducted for the past 15 years have found that Valerian is also effective in treating children with psychomotor agitation (hyperactivity) and behavioural disorders. In fact, in these children, it enhanced motor coordination and maintained reaction time, while calming anxiety and fears, curing restlessness and curbing aggression. It is also used as a carminative. The drug contains a group of monoterpenic derivatives, known as valepotriates which are useful as tranquilisers and sedatives.
Some researchers have compared Valerian Root to benzodiazepines such as Diazepam. However, Valerian is a much milder and safer sedative. Unlike Diazepam, Valerian is not addictive or does not promote dependency. And Valerian’s sedative effect is not significantly exaggerated by alcohol and barbiturates (unlike Diazepam), and also has not been linked to any birth defects (again, unlike Diazepam). Valerian is also a smooth muscle and skeletal relaxant. It reduces pain from shingles.
Each 250 mg. capsule contains:
Valeriana wallichii Dried Extract (6:1) (Tagar) 250 mg.
Aggression, anxiety, colic, confusion, depression, dysmenorrhoea, epilepsy, fatigue, excitability, headache, hepatitis, hepatomegaly, hyperactivity in children, hypochondriasis, hypertension, hysteria, insomnia, irritability, lack of appetite, liver dysfunction, mental strain, menopausal changes, menstrual cramps, migraine, nausea, nervous debility, nervous excitability, palpitation, panic, phobias, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), restlessness, spleen disorder, splenitis, stress and tension.
During pregnancy. Not advised for children under 12 years of age.
SIDE EFFECTS :
Take 1 capsule twice daily after meals with water. In cases of insomnia 2 capsules 1 hour before bedtime. Do not use at the same time as alcohol, barbiturates, or any other drug with sedative properties. Allow several weeks for benefits.
In packs of 60 capsules.
USED FOR DISEASES:
- Anxiety بے چینی ,فکر، تشویش
- Colic Disease Anton ka dard, Maror آنتوں کا درد , مروڑ
- Depression ذہنی دباؤ , پژمردگی
- Dysmenorrhoea ماہواری کا درد
- Epilepsy Disease مرگی , مصروع
- Fatigue Thakan تھکاوٹ, تھکن
- Headache Sir dard سر درد
- Hepatitis Kala Yerqan کالا یرقان
- Hepatomegaly Jigar Ka Bhr Jana جگر کا بڑھ جانا
- Hyperactivity in Children بچوں میں بیش تناؤ
- Hypertension High Blood Pressure بلند فشار خون
- Hysteria Emotional Excesses ہسٹیریا
- Insomnia inability to sleep Bey Khowabi بے خوابی.
- Lack of Appetite Bhook Ki Kami بھوک کی کمی
- Lack of Concentration Tawajja ki Kami توجہ کی کمی
- Lassitude (Lethargy) Ghanoodgi Thakan غنودگی , تھکن
- Liver Dysfunction Jigar ki Karabi جگر کی خرابی
- Menopausal Changes Haiz ki Kharabi حیض کی خرابی
- Migraine Aadhay Sar Ka Dard درد شقیقہ
- Nausea Matli متلی
- Nervous Debility Asabi Kamzori اعصابی کمزوری
- Palpitation Dharkan Ikhtilaj e Qalb اختلاج قلب, دھڑکن
- Phobias Khoof ka Marz مرض خوف
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Haiz sey Pehley Dard حیض سے پہلے درد
- Restlessness Beychani, BeyArami بے چینی , بے آرامی
- Spleen Dysfunction Tahal ka Bhr jana
- Splenitis Tilli ki Sozish تِلي کي سوزِش
- Stress Zehni Dabao زہنی دباٴو
- Tension Tanano Baychani تناؤ۔ بے چینی