Zedoary ( Kapor Kejri )
₨ 120 – ₨ 1,030
Zedoary/Kapor Kejri (کپور کیجری), also known as white turmeric and Curcuma Zedoaria, is a rhizome with a thin brown skin and a bright orange, hard interior. Its smell is similar to that of turmeric and mango. Zedoary plant is native to India and Indonesia. However, it is widely used as a spice in the West today. It is also found in sub-tropical regions of eastern Nepal. Because of its mango-like fragrance, zedoary is called amb halad in many Indian languages (amb means mango). Zedoary is either cooked fresh or used in preparing pickles. In Indonesia, it is ground to paste and used in curries. It is also used in the manufacture of liquors, bitters, perfumes and cosmetics.
It can be used for treating
- Loss of appetite.
- Anxiety, Stress and fatigue.
- Skin ailments.
- Zedoary can act like an antibiotic, so use as a mosquito repellent.
- It serves as a body stimulant and purifies blood.
- It is very effective in treating respiratory disorders, tones up uterus and works as an aphrodisiac agent.
- It helps in regularizing menstruation.
- In the juice form, it is used to treat urine-related disorders and urinary tract infections.
- It helps in curing dyspepsia, colic, vomiting and cough.
- The herb proves useful in case of abdominal cramps, amenorrhea-abdominal pain and rheumatic pain.
- It is also used in anti-periodic pills.
- Zedoary is used as anti-venom for the Indian Cobra.
Special Precautions & Warnings:
It is UNSAFE to take zedoary in pregnancy. There is concern that it might cause a miscarriage.
It’s also best to avoid zedoary during breast-feeding. Zedoary should not be used by women who have heavy menstrual periods.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
100 gram, 250 gram, 50 Gram, 500 gram
Grounded (کٹا ہوا), Powder (پیساھوا ), Whole (ثآبت )
- 5 Stars
- 4 Stars
- 3 Stars
- 2 Stars
- 1 Stars
- Vendor: admin
- No ratings found yet!