Raisins/Kishmish (کشمش) also known as Vitis Vinifera, are obtained by drying grapes, either in the sun or in driers, which turns the grapes into golden, green or black gems. In fact, when their nutritional values and health benefits are considered, “gems” is a rather accurate name for them!
Ingredient Name :
Vitis vinifera Linn.
Arabic Name : Zabeeb
Bengali Name : Maneka
Chinese Name : Ye P’u t’ao
English Name : Dried Grapes, Raisins
French Name : Vigne Cultiv
German Name : Weinrebe
Gujarati Name : Darakh, Drakh
Hindi Name : Munakka, Dakh, Kishmish, Angur
Kannada Name : Draksha
Latin name : Vitis vinifera Linn.
Marathi Name : Draksh, Angur
Persian Name : Angoore Khushk, Mavaiz
Punjabi Name : Munakka
Sanskrit Name : Draksha
Urdu Name : Kishmish, Munaqqa, Angoor
Dried Fruit : 5 to 10 g. Fresh Juice : 20 to 50 ml.
The raisins have no known warnings or contraindications.
Raisins are sweet because of the presence of simple sugars like fructose and glucose in them. Not only these sugars increase your energy levels but also promote effective absorption of other nutrients from the food you eat.
- Helps in digestion.
- Reduce acidity.
- Helps against anaemia.
- Help prevent cancer.
- Help treat infections.
- Help reduce weakness.
- Help in keeping your eyesight strong.
- Helps to keep your teeth safe from decay, cavities as well as brittle teeth.
- Help you gain weight without accumulating bad cholesterol.
- Good for bone health.
- Helps delay the appearance of the signs of aging like wrinkles, fine lines and blemishes.
- They also rejuvenate the skin cells and prevent sagging of the skin.
- Helps improve the production of red cells in the body. This, in turn, makes the skin clear, shiny and nourished.
- It also help to protect the skin against sun damage.
- Raisin also fight hair loss caused by environmental damage.
- They also promote healthy cells essential for hair growth.
Useful in Following diseases:
- Arteriosclerosis / Atherosclerosis
- Blood Impurities
- Sluggish Liver
- Varicose Veins
- Weakness of Digestive System
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.