Figs are popularly known as Enjeer. Figs/Enjeer Kano Mari (انجیر کنومری) also known as Ficus Carica, are bell shaped fruits with wrinkled and leathery skin. They are one of the sweetest fruits and also have a very sweet aroma. They can vary in size, shape and colour. Figs are mainly classified by color – white, black or red. Figs contain many vital minerals and vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, Figs also include variety of antioxidants and omega fatty acids.
- Reduce bad breath and cure mouth ulcer
- Fig is an orthodox remedy to increase sexual weakness.
- Can help in remove kidney stones
- It is useful for curing acne warts.
- They also have anti-ageing properties.
- They help reduce insulin. Daily consume fig seeds with one teaspoon of honey to control diabetes.
- Figs have good amount of calcium in it. This helps to strengthen bones
- Early stages of chicken pox can be treated with figs.
- Figs include good amount of dietary fibers, which are helpful for reducing body weight.
- It cure sore throat.
- It relieve constipation.
- It keep the skin well-moisturized and conditioned from within.
- It is an excellent natural laxative for the body.
- It promote hair growth.
- Figs are very popular in the hair care industry as their extracts are used to create amazing hair conditioners.
- It helps to maintain the color of the hair.
Consuming high amounts of figs can cause allergic reactions, ranging from vomiting to diarrhea and even itchy skin. People who have very sensitive skin or a history of allergy should avoid eating or applying figs on the skin.
Never consume unripe figs; they produce white latex, containing compounds like furocoumarins, 5-methoxypsoralen (5-MOP) which can cause severe allergy around the mouth and lips that can easily spread to the other body parts.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.